Re: Breaking a document into smaller pieces

Rune Enggaard Lausen wrote:

At the end of each subdocument, you put a comment similar to

<!--
Local Variables:
mode: xml
sgml-parent-document: ("master-file.xml")
End:
-->

Substitute the name of your file containing the DOCTYPE for "master-file.xml".

The next time you load the subdocument PSGML knows where to find the reference to the DTD and everything is great again.

I still have problems with psgml and/or xmllint and German special characters:

If I don't start my chunk-files, say "chapter1.xml", with an XML-declaration like

I get the following error from xmllint.

xmllint -valid --noout LEDATutorium.xml
chapter1.xml:5: error: Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
<title>Auf die Plätze - fertig - los!</title>

Bit if I do so, psgml refuses to read the DTD and says everywehre "no valid element at thsi point". (I'm using XEmacs; maybe that's the problem?)

Greetings,
Joachim