Von: Ben Hratshorne [mailto:docbook at green dot hartshorne dot net]
Gesendet: Montag, 24. Februar 2003 20:49
An: Docbook Apps List
Betreff: DOCBOOK-APPS: default dsssl and off-center address

Hi all,
  I'm just beginning to use docbook, and I love it so far.  But I'm
having an annoying problem.  In the <artheader> section, I specified an
author tag as follows:
   <author>
      <firstname>Ben</firstname>
      <surname>Hartshorne</surname>
      <affiliation>
	 <jobtitle>Network Support Engineer</jobtitle>
         <orgname>Adax, Inc.</orgname>
         <address>
            <street>614 Bancroft Way</street>
<postcode>94710</postcode>
            <country>USA</country>
            <email>sales at adax dot com</email>
	    <phone>510-548-7047</phone>
	    <fax>510-548-5526</fax>
         </address>
      </affiliation>
   </author>
Pretty standard, right?  Well, the output when I send it to PDF indents
the address section 5 spaces or something, except that the address is
also centered.  This leads to it being just slightly off-center, which
looks absolutely atrocious.

You can see this at http://cryptio.net/~ben/not_centered.png

I need to figure out how to change this, and I have had no luck trying
to get through the dsssl sheets themselves.  There is an variable
%indent-address-lines% that I set to #f, but it seems to have no effect.

Could you help me?

I am using the SGML stuff instead of the XML stuff I think, my document
header says:
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN" [

I have the following packages installed (I'm running Debian):
ben at orange ...tunnel/m2tun/docs % dpkg -l "docbook*"
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                  Version               Description
+++-=====================-=====================-============================
==============================
ii  docbook               4.2-2                 SGML DTD for authors of
technical documentation
un  docbook-book          <none>                (no description available)
ii  docbook-defguide      2.0.3-2               DocBook: The Definitive
Guide - HTML version
un  docbook-doc           <none>                (no description available)
ii  docbook-dsssl         1.77-2                Modular DocBook DSSSL
stylesheets, for print and HTML
un  docbook-dsssl-doc     <none>                (no description available)
ii  docbook-simple        1.0cr2-1              Simplified DocBook XML
Doctype and css stylesheets.
un  docbook-stylesheets   <none>                (no description available)
un  docbook-stylesheets-d <none>                (no description available)
ii  docbook-to-man        2.0.0-10              Converter from DocBook SGML
into roff -man macros.
un  docbook-to-man-ans    <none>                (no description available)
ii  docbook-utils         0.6.12-3              Convert Docbook files to
other formats (HTML, RTF, Postscr
ii  docbook-xml           4.2-6                 Standard XML documentation
system, for software and system
ii  docbook-xml-simple    4.1.2.4-2             Simplified DocBook XML
Doctype and css stylesheets.
un  docbook-xsl           <none>                (no description available)
ii  docbook-xsl-styleshee 1.40-1                Stylesheets for processing
DocBook XML files to HTML and F
un  docbook-xsl-styleshee <none>                (no description available)
un  docbook2man           <none>                (no description available)
un  docbook2texi          <none>                (no description available)
un  docbook2x-doc         <none>                (no description available)
ii  docbookide            0.1-3                 An Emacs Major Mode for
Editing DocBook Documents

(apologies for the >72char width)

Many thanks for what enlightenment you may provide,

-ben

--
Ben Hartshorne
email: ben at hartshorne dot net