Re: Profiling to make a smaller 'book' from a larger one

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:09:02PM +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> "Paul A. Hoadley" wrote:
>
> > My first attempt has been to use the 'condition' attribute on
> > different sections, though my approach seems quite clumsy.  The only
> > two sections I want are adjacent 'sect4's.  I have done roughly this:
> >
> > <book condition="fullmanual;upgrademanual">
>
> If some element is suitable for all target audiences, then just don't
> use profiling attribute on it. Profiling processes all elements which
> match condition and also all elements which have not condition at all.
>
> So in your case it will be sufficent to mark just elements targeted for
> full manual by condition="fullmanual". It will significantly simplify
> your markup.

Thanks Jirka.  I don't think I can escape reworking the document
structure, though: converting to un-numbered 'section' elements and
then factoring out the sections I need in both manuals as separate
files.  Otherwise, I can't see how to escape having the unwanted
'sect?' hierarchy above the fragments that are currently 'sect4's.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh at logicsquad dot net
mailto:phoadley at maths dot adelaide dot edu dot au