Re: [docbook-apps] Treatment of tabs in programlisting in FO output

> In short, I don't believe there is any reason to think that
> tab characters will be treated by an XSL-FO composition
> engine as anything other than a space.

CSS treats tabs properly with appropriate tab stops in elements with the
whitespace property set to "pre".

See the CSS2 Revision 1 draft on the subject:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030128/text.html#white-space-prop

Cheers,

Michael Day

--