[docbook-apps] Re: Using Language code in HTMLHelp

Jirka,

I am sorry to say this, but I am not sure this was such a good idea.
Now you have introduced a system specific (HTMLHelp) value, in the
otherwise system neutral gentext files (I prefered your windows
specific language.xml file located in the htmlhelp directory).

In TDG, norm describes the lang attribute as a language code (perhaps
extended with  the countrycode). It was that interpretation I was
interested in:

So you would be able to say "en_UK", and not just "en", which now will
by default be US.

What I originally had in mind was a reorganisation of the language.xml file
e.g.

   <localization>
     <language lang="en">
       <country name="UK">0x0809 English (UNITED KINGDOM)</country>
       <country name="US">0x0409 English (UNITED STATES)</country>

How you select the the country, if only the language code is of course
a political minefield, as you also mentioned in an ealier reply.

Regards,

Jens