Re: [docbook-apps] Glossary format in PDF

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 12:18:27PM +0200, ekkehard.goerlach@pharma.novartis.com wrote:
> In my docbook book the glossary is formatted in block form using
>
>   <xsl:param name="glossary.as.blocks"          select="1"/>
>
> in my customization layer. In the PDF output the glossterms are, however,
> closer to the glossdefs of the previous entry than to it's own definition.
> Can I customize the distance between term and definition (the HTML output
> is fine)?

Unfortunately, this isn't easy to do.
The glossary.as.blocks option uses the attribute-set
named 'list.block.spacing' on the glossterm.
That attribute-set includes space-after attributes
that produce the space between the glossterm and the
glossdef.  But that attribute-set is also used for
orderedlist, itemizedlist, procedure, and variablelist
(when processed as blocks).  So modifying the
attribute-set would affect all those list types.

Normally the list.block.spacing attribute-set is
used for fo:list-block elements.
I think it might be a bug that the attribute-set
is applied only to the glossterm in this context.

I think you should file a bug report on the DocBook
SourceForge site to fix glossary entry spacing
when this option is on.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com