[docbook-apps] missing footnote when

Hi,

I'm having a problem generating footnotes when my <book> uses entities to
include smaller sections.  Using xslt stylesheets for html, if I translate
the entire book the footnotes come out fine, but if I translate individual
subsections (the entity files, which typically start with a <sect2> or
<sect3>) then the superscript number is generated in the text, but the note
does not appear in the footer area.

Thanks in advance,
Troy