Re: [docbook-apps] a few more questions

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 02:07:02AM +0100, CPH wrote:
> Hi again,
> 	I have some problems with the output of docbook-xsl 1.61.3 chunking.
> 1) I keep getting a "Â" ( OK it dissappears when I tell the browser that the
>   encoding is UTF-8. I know that if I add :
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
> the problem disappears. So how can I get this put automaticcaly into all my
> generated files.

Try setting the parameter 'chunker.output.encoding' to
UTF-8.

> 2) The generated TOC for a file with <sect1><title><sect2><title><sect3>
> <title><sect3><sect3<title>etc...
> generates
> a hyperlink to sect1 with the title of sect1
> a hyperlink to sect2 with the title of sect2
> the title of sect3
> a hyperlink to sect3 with the titile of sect3
> Is this a bug or a feature ?

Sounds like a bug.  Do you have a sample file that
illustrates the problem?

> 3) My document is basically a FAQ which has the structure :
> Section ( using the <sect1> docbook tag )
> 	SubSection ( using the <sect2> docbook tag )
> 		Question ( using the <sect1> docbook tag )
> 		Answer ( using the <para> docbook tag )
>
> I'm not quite finished the FAQ and have some empty SubSections which may be
> empty for a while. However for the generated HTML I'd like to suppress the
> generation of the "empty" subsections. Is that possible ?
> e.g. for the following :
> <sect2><title>On Mac</title></sect2>
> <sect2><title>On Solaris</title></sect2>

You can "turn off" selected sections by using the profiling
features of the stylesheets.  For info on profiling, see:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Profiling.html

BTW, Most DocBook FAQs are written using qandaset and qandaentry
elements.  Would those help here?

                                            email: bobs@sco.com