[docbook-apps] OpenSP-1.5 configure does work for Solaris 8

Hi,

I am newbie to docbook and the jade tools. I am attempting to be OpenSP-1.5
first and I'm having a rough time of it.

Here are the detail of our setup:

 uname -X
System = SunOS
Node = njpgmdap1
Release = 5.8
KernelID = Generic_108528-19
Machine = sun4u

using:

gcc -v
Reading specs from [blah blah
blah]/gcc-3.3/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.3/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.3/configure --prefix=[blah blah blah]/gcc-3.3
--enable-shared --enable-threads --enable-languages=c,c++,f77 --disable-nls
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3

The last few lines out of configure are:

________________
checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking for bison... bison
checking version of bison... 1.35, ok
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking whether included gettext is requested... no
checking for GNU gettext in libc... no
checking for GNU gettext in libintl... no
checking for locale.h... (cached) yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking io.h usability... no
checking io.h presence... no
checking for io.h... no
checking osfcn.h usability... no
checking osfcn.h presence... no
checking for osfcn.h... no
checking new usability... yes
checking new presence... yes
checking for new... yes
checking cassert usability... yes
checking cassert presence... yes
checking for cassert... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking for size_t... (cached) yes
checking for struct stat.st_blksize... yes
checking for sig_atomic_t in signal.h... yes
checking for size_t... (cached) yes
checking size of size_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (size_t),
77
___________________

If not a fix for this configuration, could someone please email me a gcc
version(along with any other configuration infomation) that they know works
for this machine.

Thanks.

-dean
ext: 5362

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
          This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the
sender by e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this message
or its contents to any other person and any such actions may be unlawful.

         Banc of America Securities LLC("BAS") does not accept time
sensitive, action-oriented messages or transaction orders, including orders
to purchase or sell securities, via e-mail.

         BAS reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the BAS e-mail system.