[docbook-apps] Re: WebsiteDTD: suppressing the homepage title

I will change the template and submit an patch.

Bye

Oliver

Vitaly Ostanin wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:18:19 +0200
Oliver Fischer <plexus@snafu.de> wrote:

Vitaly Ostanin wrote:

Why do you want to suppress title ?

If you include DocBook document to Website webpage, you get
title on titlepage twice: title of webpage and title of
DocBook document.

Da, that's why I want to suppress them. Another reason is that I have some content with an structure like this:

I have such reason too :)

</head>
<section>
</section>
<section>
</section>
<section>
</section>

So I always get to titles, even if I don't want it.

Are you _always_ don't want title or on titlepage only ?

IMHO, this is a bug in Website stylesheets.

Wouldn't say so. But it should be configurable. An very generic solution - and usefull for customisations too - would be to allow <config> elements in <head>.

BTW, why webpage/head/title is required in Website DTD ?

For the HTML title?

If section already have title, it may be used as HTML title.

If no titles present, stylesheets can generate warning message
and do title "untitled".

If webpage/head/title required, stylesheets may determine
priority of titles and output title with higher priority.

In my customization layer I redefine template
<xsl:template match="title" mode="titlepage.mode">
and suppres output of DocBook title on titlepage. For me
priority of webpage title is highest.

<skipped/>