[docbook-apps] Re: Image in CSS-styled fixed menu?

> However, in general, the <div> block that wraps your TOC and that
> has a "display=fixed" attribute/value to maintain the TOC/menu
> position in the view port can also contain an image that is
> positioned within the TOC-wrap block. I suppose this would be a
> customization of the style-sheets.

I've been browsing the style sheets for the HTML ToC, without finding
obvious or simple ways of overriding parts of it.

> Or, and this is hypothetical/experimental, you might try a
> non-repeating background image in the TOC wrap block and set
> "padding-top" and/or "margin-top" attributes of the actual TOC content
> large enough to avoid obscuring the image.

Hm... I thought along these lines and did some experiments, before I
tried content: url();

I didn't know about the possibility for a non-repeating background
image, though.  So what I did was to try to reserve some empty space
and

> In both cases, of course, the image must either be correctly sized,
> scaled or clipped to conform with the TOC wrap block dimensions. These
> behaviours seem to be even more spotty for browser support than the
> "display=fixed" feature.

Yeah.  I've only tried with Opera 7.11 so far.

> You might find some of the items at this link useful (
> http://www.accessifyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=28 )

Thanx.  I'll check it out.