[docbook-apps] Re: DocBook XSL V1.62.0 released

> * In message <87d6elhbb6.fsf@nwalsh.com>
> * On the subject of "DocBook XSL V1.62.0 released"
> * Sent on Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:33:17 -0400
> * Honorable Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
>
> I published DocBook XSL V1.62.0 earlier today.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21935&release_id=181350
>
> This is very much a test release, there are a lot of changes in there.
> Please report your successes and failures. If nothing comes up in a
> week or so, I'll publish a 1.62.1 release.

refentry problems:

1. output:xhtml element:synopsis
   no indentation for the command name:

clisp [-h] ... sdg sdf gs dfg sd fg sdf gs df gs fd gs g sdf g sdf
gs dfg sdf gs dfg s dfg sdf gs df gs dfg sdf gs df gsd fg sdf gs dfg
s dfg sdf gs dfg s

   instead of, say

clisp [-h] ... sdg sdf gs dfg sd fg sdf gs df gs fd gs g sdf g sdf
        gs dfg sdf gs dfg s dfg sdf gs df gs dfg sdf gs df gsd fg sdf gs
        dfg s dfg sdf gs dfg s

   I wonder if I can use css to get this effect.  the trouble is that
   id="synopsis" is in <div> and not <p>.  help?

2. output:nroff elements: itemisedlist inside para inside listitem
   inside varlistentry of variablelist.
   this is still broken: the man page shows nroff
   commands (like .TP) in text.

3. output:nroff elements: refentryinfo/author elements are turned into
   a section AUTHORS.  this is wrong: usually, AUTHORS section in the
   manual would describe the authors of the _program_ while the
   refentryinfo/author elements describe the authors of the _manual_.

I know that this is a DTD issue, but unavailability of bibliography in
refsection is a big issue for me.
When it is made available, xsl stylesheets should transform it to a
REFERENCES section in the nroff (and xhtml!) manual.

thanks!

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
People hear what they want to hear and discard the rest.