Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Caching the DocBook dtd when using PSGML

Taro Ikai wrote:

Thank you for your help. I got it to work. What confused me was:

And then setup catalog for precompiled DTD /some/path/ecatalog:

PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN" "docbookx.ced"

I am still baffled by the extension '.ced'.

This is common extension for precompiled DTDs used by PSGML. You can change it to whatever else you like.

That was good. Now, I have run into a minor annoyance.
Everytime PSGML mode resolves a DTD reference with the catalog, it opens a new Emacs buffer and displays a message that looks like this:

And you have just XML catalog or do you have also plain text catalog? PSGML can't deal with XML catalog and this might be source of your problems.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz