Re: [docbook-apps] Re: is docbook the right tool for the job?

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Vitaly Ostanin wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:59:04 +0200
> Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> > > It works only for Latin1 documents.
> >
> > But can be quite easily customized for other languages. I'm
> > using it occasionaly for Czech document which use iso-8859-2 or
> > windows-1250. See http://www.kosek.cz/diplomka/ for my
> > customization.
>
> Thanks, I have customized db2latex stylesheets too and I was use
> it for Russian documents.
> I was send links to the patch to db2latex-devel mailing list but
> it's fully ignored :(

The localization & i18n part of db2latex has changed a lot in CVS (James'
work & credit). It now checks out from docbook CVS, merges with db2latex
required changes.

It's still a work in progress, but it should be easier to mantain in the
future. I'll check this this w.e.

Regards,
R.