Re: [docbook-apps] anyone have a windows-based publishing infrast ructure?

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:03:17PM +0200, Gisbert Amm wrote:
> > The big drawback in the Windows world is that you'll get lots of folks
> > in the company asking for output as Word documents instead of PDF or
> > help.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm told that the XMLMind FO
> > processor does a pretty good job of converting FO to RTF.  Most of the
> > other RTF converters (such as JFOR) don't really to a good enough job.
>
> The approach of Mark Pilgrim (http://www.diveintopython.org/about.html) uses
> the Python Win32 modules and Word itself as a COM object to produce real
> Word documents. It worked for me (well, a simple test document) but I've
> found it useless: There is no way back.

I followed this link, but it does not mention anything
about Word.  It says the book was produced using the
DocBook XSL stylesheets, HTMLDoc, and w3m.  Was there
something in the downloaded tool files that used Word?

                                            email: bobs@sco.com