Re: [docbook-apps] Including external XSL-FO in docbook document ?

I think I need to give more details:
I have the sources of both documents (as written by me).
One is a report in docbook, the other a resume using a
modified xmlresume DTD.

I need to include the resume in the docbook report.
So these are not two docbook documents two combine,
but docbook + another DTD.

As both are using different DTDs, I couldn't think of a
way to generate "one" document from a unified XML source.

That's why I thought about merging the fo files or the final
PDF files.

Does that help ?

Marc

>>> Bob Stayton said:
 >> > as I am currently working on a report mainly written in docbook,
 >> > I have the following problem: I need to include a couple of pages
 >> > that are produced from another xml source via xslt and xsl-fo.
 >> >
 >> > In the end I want to produce a PDF document. So I could do
 >> > docbook -> PDF
 >> > OtherSource -> PDF
 >> > Combine both PDFs as desired
 >> >
 >> > *but* .. I'd at least need to tell docbook about the inserted pages,
 >> > for correct page numbering etc., how to do that ?
 >> >
 >> > Also, this procedure is not much streamlined.
 >> > Given that the other document source produces Formatting Objects,
 >> > I wonder whether I could somehow combine the docbook FO with the
 >> > other FO ?
 >>
 >> Is there any way you can get your hands on a copy
 >> of the DocBook XML source for this material?
 >>
 >> Merging PDF is not something I'd want to try, that is,
 >> if I wanted a working PDF file.  8^)
 >>
 >> Merging FO is somewhat possible, at page-sequence
 >> boundaries.  But with what results?
 >> Your table of contents or index won't cover the inserted
 >> material, unless you do some real FO magic.
 >>
 >> How much easier it would be to insert a copy of the DocBook
 >> source into your source and build a real book.
 >> If you could get the FO, why couldn't you get the XML?
 >> Not that I doubt there are procedures for such things,
 >> but sometimes they get in the way.
 >>
 >> --
 >>
 >> Bob Stayton                                 400 Encinal Street
 >> Publications Architect                      Santa Cruz, CA  95060
 >> Technical Publications                      voice: (831) 427-7796
 >> The SCO Group                               fax:   (831) 429-1887
 >>                                             email: bobs@sco.com

Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden@smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de