Re: [docbook-apps] xhtml output

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 10:52:48AM -0700, Marius Scurtescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am converting DocBook documents to XHTML using the
> xhtml stylesheets from the XSL package version 1.62.0
> and 1.62.4.
>
> In both cases the generated XHTML is invalid.
>
> The major problem is the generation of empty 'xmlns'
> attributes on many of the output tags (meta, div and p).
>
> Is there a way to prevent this and generate valid XHTML?

As Daniel pointed out, this is coming from an older
version of xsltproc, not the stylesheet.

Generally, the stylesheets output valid Transitional
XHTML 1.0.

> Are the XHTML stylesheets considered stable or just
> work in progress?

Stable, but always with room for improvement.  8^)

> Another issue with the XHTML stylesheet is the conversion
> of the ulink DocBook tag. It gets converted into a broken
> a tag like: <a ="" target="_top">...</a>

Ulink usually works.  Do you have a 'url' attribute
in the ulink (it's required by the DTD)?

                                            email: bobs@sco.com