Re: [docbook-apps] Looking for "complex" cmdsynopsis example (for docbook-xsl)

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:35:45PM +0100, W. Borgert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using DocBook (both XML and SGML) to generate manual pages.
> Most time I use docbook-xsl to generate nroff.  Now I have some
> "complex" thing.  What I want to achieve is this:

> OK, the example is stupid.  I have two ways to call the command.
> With either option I have to required arguments and any number
> of optional arguments, that can be repeated.  How do I have to
> do this in DocBook?  And does docbook-xsl's nroff output provide
> an output, where the user can see the difference between required
> and optional arguments, and which arguments can be repeated?

Take a look at the cmdsynopsis element:

http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/cmdsynopsis.html

It lets you mark up arguments, groups, options, etc.
The manpage stylesheet seems to handle cmdsynopsis,
but I'm not sure to what degree.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com