[docbook-apps] html column widths

Hi,

Is there a way to generate HTML with proper column widths
based on the widths specified in the CALS tables inside
a DocBook document?

I am using proportional column widths (the '*' notation),
the generated FO has proper widths, but the generated
HTML (or XHTML) has no widths for any of the columns.

Is this a limitation of the (X)HTML stylesheets?

I tried using:
<xsl:param name="use.extensions" select="1"/>
<xsl:param name="tablecolumns.extension" select="1"/>
but I am getting errors with both Xalan and Saxon.
Xalan gives me "No adjustColumnWidths function available."
and then terminates. Saxon just terminates.

How do you install these extensions?

Thanks,
Marius

Marius Scurtescu