Re: [docbook-apps] Internationalized index in XSL

At 18:50 27/11/2003, Jirka Kosek wrote:
That's different but related story. With index there is no problem with sorting but with grouping done on XSLT level. My new code overcomes limitions which were present in the previous index grouping code.

OK. Sounds like a good step forward. I hadn't appreciated the background.

With my new code, you can even delete following note from your copy of Bob's book (http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/IndexOutput.html):

"Currently the automatic indexing does not handle accented characters properly. Characters such as a, à, and ä should sort together, but they do not."

Hey, you're making Bob's book out of date already Jirka :-)

regards DaveP.