Re: [docbook-apps] Including plain text: CDATA

Bob Stayton wrote:

I'm not surprised you didn't get any answers on this one.
I was hoping someone would have a brilliant solution, but
it doesn't look like it.  Basically it is really hard to
get angle brackets as text in your HTML or XML output as
it breaks the processing model.

Is your explanation valid for output method "text" too (which is what I have)?

2.  You can get literal angle brackets for HTML or XML
output when your text is contained in:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">...</xsl:text>

But this is tricky to do for your input, because
you cannot put a <xsl:value-of> element inside
an <xsl:text> element.

Would it be possible to get the contents of the file in a variable with <xsl:copy-of> (or similar) and the use this variable in <xsl:text>...</xsl:text> ?

Michael
--
biz:  <michael.wiedmann@detewe.de>
priv: <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de>                 http://www.miwie.org