Re: [docbook-apps] Bug in chunking header/footer generation

Bob and Jirka,

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Bob Stayton wrote:

> Are you absolutely sure you have version 1.4?

Yes, I do have 1.4

> If you run cvs diff on html/chunk-code.xsl 1.3/1.4 you will see lines like:
> 236c248
> <              |preceding::setindex[1]
> ---
> >              |preceding::setindex[$generate.index != 0][1]
> 321c333
> <              |following::setindex[1]
> ---
> >              |following::setindex[$generate.index != 0][1]
>
> In the cCVS omment for version 1.4, I failed to mention these
> changes.  Sorry about that.

My mistake, that I did not look into the 1.4 version of chunk-code.xsl, I
did take your remarks in the CVS at face value, which is also why I made
the comparison between 1.2 and 1.3.

> Your mail below also says you are setting generate.index to 1,
> which will generate the index and the link.  Was that meant to be 0?

Yes and no. When I set generate.index to 0, the incorrect link is not
generated, but my problem is that then the hhk file (a MS Index file) is
also not generated, although I have set the htmlhelp.use.hhk to 1.

Maybe this is htmlhelp related, what do you say Jirka ?

I have replaced htmlhelp.xsl, with my own (exact copy of Jirkas,
except I import my own chunk file). That chunk file is an exact copy
of the html/chunk.xsl file except, that I use the cvs versions of
chunk-code.xsl and chunk-common.xsl).

Can it be more complicated ?

My temporary solution is to have the index page generated (besides the
htmlhelp index generated by the HTMLHelp compiler).

Regards,

Jens