[docbook-apps] BridgeHead as xref-target

Hi,

I tried using bridgeheads as target destinations for xrefs. In the Relase
Notes for version 1.41 (2001-07-08 <=> quite old) Norm Walsh states
"gentext.xsl, titles.xsl: Support xref to bridgehead" which I interpreted
as if xrefs to bridgeheads should work.

Unfortunately I get a "warning: unresolved internal destination: '<some
id>'" while prcessing (Saxon -> Xep) and there's no link between xref and
bridgehead. Even setting renderas="<some unused section>" doens't help (as
I hoped in my naivety :) ...). Looking at gentext.xsl and title.xsl does
not really enlighten me but this might be because I'm no XSL expert.

What I do: I simply set an id (id="some_id") to the bridgehead and refer
to this in the xref (linkend="some_id") which, by the way, resides some
pages further down.

Am I missing the essentials or is there no way to use bridgeheads as a
target for xrefs at all?

Thanks for reading.

--
Thomas Gier