Re: [docbook-apps] Unexpected xref behavior; is this a case for Two-pass processing

I can't tell you where to look since I haven't seen your
customization.  I can show you the 'if' statement that
determines whether a page reference is generated:

  <xsl:if test="not(starts-with(normalize-space(@xrefstyle), 'select:') !=
''
                and (contains(@xrefstyle, 'page')
                     or contains(@xrefstyle, 'Page')))
                and ( $insert.xref.page.number = 'yes'
                   or $insert.xref.page.number = '1')
                or local-name($target) = 'para'">

the first three lines are only when an xrefstyle attribute
is used, and the last three show how the attribute value
is used.  You might try putting an <xsl:message> statement
in your stylesheet to echo the value of the parameter at
runtime:

<xsl:message>The value of insert.xref.page.number is
<xsl:value-of select="$insert.xref.page.number"/></xsl:message>

That would confirm you are getting the value you expect
to be getting.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net