[docbook-apps] aligning images

I have 2 images that I like to get printed side by side; they easily fit
on the width of a page.
I might merge them into 1 image, but I would prefer proper formatting.
When in DocBook I put 2 mediaobjects into 1 paragraph, they get printed
under one another, even if I specifiy the alignment for the one as "left"
and the other as "right".
I tried to cheat by putting the images into separate entries on the same
row in an informaltable: but then nothing at all gets rendered.

BTW I use xsltproc and fop with a pretty basic style sheet.

--

	Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters