Re: [docbook-apps] Using XIncludes to include infosets

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 03:00:13PM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> Personally, I find the xpointer="xpointer()" syntax a bit redundant.
> I would think the name of the attribute would indicate that the value
> is an XPointer.  I wonder if "xpointer()" is necessary?
> I can't actually tell from reading the W3C specs.  Perhaps
> Daniel Velliard can clarify.

  All I can clarify is that's it's a big bad mess ... I'm as
unhappy by the current state as anybody else. Working drafts
changed at the last moment, big pieces never getting to REC status,
Implementation stategies used to change the spec, etc ...
It is how it is, it is a bad shape, I used to hope this would clean
up, and every time I just get a clearer signal that this is doomed.
XPointer is fucked, and it seems XInclude takes the same way. I'm
very sorry about this, I'm unable to get things back in shape, and
I tried :-( ...

Daniel