[docbook-apps] Initcap function

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question.

I was wondering if there is an xsl technique or function which I can use
to create text with initial capitalizations e.g.

"New York" = initcap("NEW york")

The closest I found is translate("NEW york","abcd..z","ABCD..Z") which is
not what I really need.

Vincent