[docbook-apps] Different TOC levels for chunked xhtml

Hi,

Am working on a document which is a collation of documents around a particular
topic. Would like to be able to process the document into xhtml with a main
page as the table of contents listing only each chapter, then a table of
contents within each chapter listing the sections within it.

i.e.
<book>
  <title>Collation of insects</title>
  <chapter>
    <title>Ants</title>
    <sect1>
       <title>What are they</title>
       <para>Some stuff</para>
       <sect2>
          <title>yada, yada</title>
          <para>More stuff</para>
       <sect2>
    </sect1>
    <sect1>
       <title>Where are they</title>
       <para>Some stuff</para>
       <sect2>
          <title>yada, yada</title>
          <para>More stuff</para>
       <sect2>
    </sect1>
  </chapter>
  <chapter>
    <title>Bees</title>
    <sect1>
       <title>Who cares</title>
       <para>Some stuff</para>
   </sect1>
 </chapter>
</book>

Then the Book TOC to be:
Table of Contents
  Ants
  Bees

And the Ants Chapter TOC to be:
Table of Contents
  What are they
      yada, yada
  Where are they
      yada, yada

Are there any options where I could use different depths for the toc depending
on where it is? At the moment, I can set it to depth 2 for the sections, but
I get all the sections then displayed in the book level one as well. And the
level between the book and the chapter varies - the book level I want only 1
depth (chapter only), whereas in the chapters I actually need to include to
at least sect3 level (for the real document).

Essentially the book is to becomes an automated web site navigation document
with separate related topics.

Cheers, Janeene Webb.