[docbook-apps] Re: html generated for EBNF

[ Cursed, blasted, gosh darned MIME problem! ]

/ "Paul A. Hoadley" <paulh@logicsquad.net> was heard to say:

|> >What version of the stylesheets are you using, Ian?  I remember this
|> >bug from literally a couple of years ago, but I thought it had been
|> >fixed.
|> I am using docbook-xsl-1.64.1.
|>  I am using chunking, and have an extra
|> production is later in the document in a different section,
|> which should point to a previous chunk.
|
| I checked the list archives.  Evidently my memory was slightly
| rusty---it's a feature, not a bug.  Here's Jirka's explanation:
|
| http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200211/msg00250.html

Yeah. I don't know if that was a good decision or not, but we decided
to make the links in EBNF be URIs not IDs. That allows links to cross
document boundaries, but it also means that links inside the same
document have to be authored differently.

I wonder if the NG version of DocBook should allow either IDREF or HREF?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Is sloppiness in speech caused by