Re: [docbook-apps] Rendering MathML in Docbook

Soren Kuula wrote:
I can transform to fo (I use xml docbook) with at least Xalan-J, but using PassiveTex to get even simple documents (no math) to pdf form yields very bad results - loose page formatting and bits and pieces of Tex markup rendered into the pdf as text.
I think you are referring to dimension arithmetic in recent versions of the fo stylesheets that PassiveTeX does not know how to handle. I still use the 1.61.3 stylesheets for that reason, and get acceptable results with PassiveTeX (which I use solely because of my math content).
Note though that PassiveTeX's MathML capabilities are limited. I code all non-trivial math in TeX, which is automatically converted to MathML for the HTML backend.

Justus