Re: [docbook-apps] Different olink dbs for XHTML, HTML and FO?

At 10:09 23/03/2004, Jirka Kosek wrote:

What about file links in PDF? They are designed for local links
in the file system. It is a separate mechanism from one for weblinks.
XEP, for example, generates file links for protocol file:.

Interesting, I was unaware of this mechanism. It is possible to create relative links (without hardwired path) this way? What is the syntax? Something like

url(file:userguide.pdf)

which is probably not correct URL?

If I'm right, its file:///dir/dir/file.pdf

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect4/uriIncl.html

Is there any way to make relative links works both on local filesystem and when server from web server?

<grin/> Thats greedy, Jirka. I don't think it will work for both... Unless the file is 'relative' to the server root, but I'm not sure how that works? Anyone else?

regards DaveP