Re: [docbook-apps] local xref.role.attrib customization question?

Bob Stayton wrote:
I couldn't quite tell what you had tried, but something like this in your
DTD customization should work:
<!ENTITY % xref.role.attrib
     "role  (one|two|three)   #IMPLIED">
It will take precedence over the default declaration of xref.role.attrib,
which is only used in the ATTLIST for the xref element.

Thanks -- I had tried some things like that, but even that example seemed to be ignored by the set-up I had. I clipped it out and popped it in my "main.dtd" from which the regular docbook DTD is called, and while it didn't create any problems that I could see, it also seemed to have no effect on the strings one could enter for the xref role attribute; I could still put in any ol' random string and the DTD would smile and let it pass. But it certainly looks like it _should_ have worked. Mmmm, it's probably something weird with the configuration of the system I'm working with ....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl E. Anderson  mailto:cea@ncipher.com  http://www.ncipher.com/
nCipher Corporation Ltd.   +44 1223 723690   Fax: +44 1223 723601