From: Zeeshan Ali [mailto:zeelists@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 1:42 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] Can't parse XML

Hello everyone,
   I am quite new to docbook and so far I've only been
able to successfully use two docbook tools: nsgmls and
docbook2X. I've no trouble with SGML docs but I
haven't been able to successfully parse a singe XML
doc. The reason being that I am to specify the system
identifiers of the DTD to use and I unable to do that.
If i specify my document type declaration like this:

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML
V4.2//EN"

"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";

  I get this error from the parser (nsgmls -sv OR
docbook2html):
Certainity.xml:4:0:E: could not get
"/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd" from
"www.oasis-open.org" (reason given was "Bad Request")

  I am not behind a firewall and the DTD doc. is
accessible through a web-browser. I am using Fedora
Core 1. Please help me with this.

  BTW, is there any doc. that gives some kind of a
'Crash Course' on the latest docbook tools/apps?

=====
"To teach how to live without certainty, and yet without being paralysed by
hesitation, is perhaps the chief thing that philosophy, in our age, can
still do for those who study it." --Bertrand Russell

"According to all the rules (of Software Engineering) I knew, Linux should
have been a disaster, but it was'nt. Instead it was something wonderfull" --
Eric Raymond