[docbook-apps] Getting space between TOC and body text?

Is it possible to get some space between the navigational ToC and the
body text in HTML generated using DocBook Website 2.5.0?

I've been trying to fix this using CSS, by setting:

 .navtoc {
   padding-right: 5px;
 }

But that had no effect that I could see.  I was trying to figure out
how Norm had done it on
	http://nwalsh.com/

It looks like he has set the width of the body text to be 600
(pixels?).  That's not what I want to do.  I wish to scale to fit, but
I would like space between the ToC and the body text.

Thanx!

- Steinar