RE: [docbook-apps] DocBook for Test Plans

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Pawson [mailto:dpawson@nildram.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:13 PM
To: Hwei Chan; DocBookApps
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook for Test Plans

At 02:21 20/05/2004, Hwei Chan wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking at using DocBook to author and generate test plans for
>software UAT testing.

Just a thought.

How about writing the test plans in your own dedicated XML vocabulary,
then use XSLT to transform to Docbook, such that the output meets your
presentation needs, using the standard docbook stylesheets?

Then you have good source level semantic markup,
and the nice styling for HTML and Print from docbook?

(I've used this approach before - I know it worked for me)
I've not seen any schemas for requirements/design/test plans/test specs/
acceptance specs etc. I'd be interested if you do find any.

HTH DaveP

To unsubscribe from this list, send a post to
docbook-apps-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org, or visit
http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/. www.avidware.net
www.allaboutsingles.com www.intercore.net www.people-services.net