[docbook-apps] Quotation marks

L.S.

I want a piece of text to appear between single quotes (a left and a right single quote) after having converted a docbook article to HTML.

Using the docbook element `quote', and next transforming the article into HTML using XSLT, the piece of text in the HTML document is enclosed in the HTML entities “ and ”. These are codes for the left and right double quotes, and the text is rendered accordingly.

Because quotation format is language dependent, I believed to have met an issue regarding language dependency. Therefore, I tagged the docbook article (i.e. the article element, which is the uppermost element in the hierarchy) with the "Lang" attribute, setting it to "en".
This, however, did not make any difference; the text remained enclosed in double quotes instead of single quotes.

Is there a way to do what I want?

Thanks in advance for any directions,

Erik Leunissen