Re: [docbook-apps] Keeping Book Title and ToC together

Hello,

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 09:04:33PM +0100, Donna Robinson wrote:

> #2 page 1:
>   What can I do to stop such huge spaces pre+post <programlisting>
>   <para>... ... , issue the command:</para>
> <programlisting>
> valgrind --tool=memcheck ls -l
> </programlisting>

Whitespace is significant in 'programlisting', so you're adding two
newlines you don't want.  Just do this:

<programlisting>valgrind --tool=memcheck ls -l</programlisting>

> #3 page 1 (bottom)
>   How can I stop widow/orphan behaviour on section titles?

Is this a PassiveTeX limitation?  Section titles should all have the
appropriate 'keep-together's on their 'fo:block's.  Does PassiveTeX
support this?

> #4 page 2 (top)
>   Why is the header all busted and wrapped like this?

Again, is this a PassiveTeX problem?  Both the header and the footer
on _all_ pages looks squashed over to the left.  The other symptom is
the location of the page numbers.  Assuming you've selected
single-sided output, they should all be over at the right margin.

--
Paul.

w  http://logicsquad.net/
h  http://paul.hoadley.name/