[docbook-apps] extra period in bibliography

Hi,

The firstname of the authors in my bibliogrpahy is
entered as their initials.
==========================
exampple:
<surname>Shrestha</surname>
<firstname>D.</firstname>
==========================

I have customization layer to order the authors in
surname, firstname. The problem is I got extra period
after the last author in the author groups and same
with the single author (since other entries are
seperated by period).

= = = = = = = = =
For example:
Smith,J. and Gaver W.. (2001).  etc. etc.

Everything is ok for me except extra period after the
author.
My question:
Is there a way to remove just that period only through
customization layer? or I have to manually remove each
period from the last author entry in my paper?

Thanks in advance

Deepak K. Shrestha