Re: [docbook-apps] XSL/HTML: ToC for specified appendix

Well, it sure would be nice if you could specify real XPath expressions in
generate.toc.  Unfortunately, there is no facility that I know of in XSLT
1.0 to 'exec' an XPath expression in a variable.  The 'paths' that are
supported in generate.toc are processed as strings with element names
separated by "/", nothing more. The element names are compared to the
current element's name and its ancestor names.

But you can get what you want with a small customization of the template
named 'component.toc' in html/autotoc.xsl.  That template calls the make.toc
template to generate the toc for a component (an appendix is a docbook
component).  Just make the call to 'make.toc' conditional on your id
attribute:

<xsl:if test="@id != 'donttoc'">
  <xsl:call-template name="make.toc">

Bob Stayton