Re: [docbook-apps] Figure Reference in Text

I think want you want is this:

  <figure id="circle">
    <title>A circle which is used purely as example</title>
    <mediaobject>
      <imageobject>
        <imagedata
          fileref="/Samples/circle.jpg"/>
      </imageobject>
    </mediaobject>
  </figure>

The stylesheets will automatically number your figure, so you don't
need to include a number. Then just use <xref linkend='circle'> to
reference it.

To have the xref show up in a different color, you need to create
and use a customization layer. To make that, create a new file --
call it fo.xsl -- and put this into it:

  <xsl:stylesheet
    version='1.0'>
    <xsl:import href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
    <xsl:attribute-set name="xref.properties">
      <xsl:attribute name="color">blue</xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:attribute-set>
  </xsl:stylesheet>

Replace "blue" with whatever color you want. Then call that
fo.xsl stylesheet instead of calling the docbook.xsl driver -

  java org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -xml Test.xml -xsl fo.xsl -pdf Test.pdf

If you don't have catalogs set up, then instead put your local
system path to fo/docbook.xsl in your fo.xsl file; for example:

  <xsl:import href="~/software/docbook-xsl-1.66.1/html/docbook.xsl"/>

For more details, see Bob Stayton's book -

  http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomXrefs.html#CustomXrefStyle