Re: [docbook-apps] Re: DocBook XSL 1.67.0 released

At 19:05 11/11/2004, Jirka Kosek wrote:

Sounds reasonable. We also could parametrize whether default style goes into head or into external CSS stylesheets.

External only please Jirka. For the cascade? Author proposes, user disposes?

Having it in head is good for non-chunked output because output is not depending on any other file. But when doing chunking user must already cope with set of files so generating external CSS has sense IMHO.

If I choose not to use an external stylesheet, then I would hope to get good, well formed (X)HTML, which can be styled by any recipients default stylesheet.

With no CSS stylesheet, its still good HTML.

I can't think of a cleaner solution.

regards DaveP