[docbook-apps] FOP & Glossary

I am using docbook stylesheets 1.65.1 with FOP

I am running into a problem where my glossary terms are being offset
from the deifnition. Basically, the term will be on one line, and the
definition will be on the next line down and indented.

Like so:

term
         definition

But, I want:

term definition

I've been doing my research and it sounds like I am displaying the
glossary as "block" format when I want the gloassary displayed in "list"
format.

Is it possible to do what I am looking to do? If so, what am I doing wrong?

-jared