Re: [docbook-apps] excluding image format according to output

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 18:31 +0200, Camille BÃgnis wrote:

> >>I don't, but people do, yes.  Obviously Camille does, or intends to,
> >>for example.  :-)
> >

> > Camille, is this  true?
> >   Generate a .pdf file, simply to add as an image for another file?
> > Why (if you don't mind me asking)
>
> Yes. but first:
> <disclaimer>I'm not an image formats guru by any mean, all I state is
> based on my limited experience producing documents.</disclaimer>
Ah. That makes two of us that admit to 'not knowing everything' :-)

> I don't embed PDF documents (various pages) in other PDF documents. I
> just use the "export" function of diagram editors (inkscape, xfig, etc.)
> to produce a "PDF", vector based version of the diagram.
Thanks. Home ground. I have inkscape on Linux and win32.
( I was horrified to see that a tiny block schematic took 132Mb on
its way to the printer though)

What is the advantage of using pdf import to xxx when
the target is yyy.pdf?
  Why not import the svg into the pdf file?

> > Simple question, how does one generate an eps image please?
> >   Linux or win32
>
> with most diagram editors; export to EPS formats same as PDF.

Thanks Camille. I'll look for that as an export format.
(not that I've ever used 'save as' pdf before...)

regards DaveP