[docbook-apps] Different styling for formal objects

Hi,

As stated in Bob's book, the title of figure, table, example, equation
and procedure objects share the same print styling. The position of
titles can be customized (before or after) but I can't find, how to
customize the styling for different objects.
Say, I want to have the procedure or example title bigger than the
base font and bold, while the figure title (can I say, caption?)
smaller than the base font.
Is it possible and what do I do to achieve this? I want PDF as output
(Docbook 4.4 + Xalan + XEP to process my source files).
I am still too fresh with XSL, XSLT and Docbook, so my problem can be
just lack of reading. If so, I apologize.

Tks,
Zbyszek