[docbook-apps] HTML Help compiler question

Hi,

I've found out with the help of Bob Stayton that the MicroSoft HTML Help compiler can't handle image paths above the HTML Help project directory.

I'd like to know if there are any other HTML Help compilers out there that does a better job than M$, and of course works with the DocBook stylesheets?

For reference and more information see the following conversation between Bob and Jirka:
----
Bob Stayton wrote:
> Do image paths that are above the HTML Help project directory work at all
in
> HTML Help? I have references like "../../images/myfile.jpg". I use the
> $htmlhelp.enumerate.images parameter as you suggested, and the files are
> listed in the project file, and there is no complaint during compile. But
> when I view the Help file, those images are missing, while any in or below
> the project directory are ok. Is this related to the bug about images not
> being in or below the project directory? Is there any workaround?

The workaround is to use $htmlhelp.enumerate.images and copy all images
that are in directories above project file into the same directory as
the project file is in. HTML Help compiler should correct broken image
links this way and create proper CHM with images included. Not nice but
could help if you can't rearange your directory structure.
----

Thanks for your help!

/Kenneth

Kenneth Johansson       Technical Documentation Manager
Sectra Imtec AB
Teknikringen 20         E-mail: ke-joh AT sectra DOT se
SE-583 30 Linköping     Phone:  +46 13 23 52 00
SWEDEN                  Web:    http://www.sectra.se