Re: [docbook-apps] Simpler XHTML output

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 19:08 +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> (BTW: To be honest, I usualy even prefer HTML 4.01, because even with
> XHTML 1.0 there are some practical browser problems if you want to use
> it with other encodings than UTF-8. But I don't think that we should
> delve into standards/quirks rendering modes in browsers in this forum.)
>
> > How else might we move towards browsers that are standards compliant?
>
> Who knows :-(
> But I'm sure that serving non-compliant content is not the right way to
> move further, and serving XHTML 1.1 as text/html is not completely in
> shape with standards so it moves us somewhere but surely not to place
> which is more standards compliant.

OK. I *think* you assume we are generating content to be shown in
a browser.

Rene, we have a choice. Generate more complex xhtml 1.1
or simpler 1.0 which *may* be sent to the browser without problems.

I would like XML, and content for a browser (even a non compliant
browser) at the same time,
so I'd suggest xhtml 1.0.

regards DaveP