Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook, Images, and FOP

Aha! I understand now. I had been trying to use some of the scaling attributes, without much success. I'm also finding that, to make an image look right, I have to pre-scale the image using my graphics editor.

Thanks so much--as you could guess, this was getting a little frustrating!

Dave

Georges Schmitz wrote:

David 'Dox' Shevitz schrieb:

I am using FOP to take a docbook document and transform it into a PDF. My problem: the images that I am using continually get stretched, filling up far more space than they need to and looking just terrible. I am taking standard screenshots and using GIMP to save them as JPEGs at 72 dpi.

You have to set the width explicitly with FOP, eg.

<imagedata width="4in" fileref="images/admin-main-window.png" />

I have tried everything I can think of to stop these images from getting stretched, but with no luck whatsoever. Is this a limitation of FOP? Or is there something I'm not doing? (And yes, I realize this might be more appropriate on a FOP user list, but I thought I'd ask here first since I'm using Docbook.)

It would indeed be a very nice feature, if FOP (or a stylesheet extension) would respect the resolution, that can be stored in the imagedata itself eg. in PNG. This way one could set the resolution to 150dpi for print output, which is far enough for screenshots.

Regards,
Georges