[docbook-apps] Docbook production / catalogs with SubVersion?

Hi,

I'm looking into using SubVersion to manage some of my docbook files.
It's a modular document made up of ~120 XIncluded files and a couple of
database extract (SQL -> XML) files. The flat files are edited
periodically (could be at any time), while the SQL -> XML extracts occur
when I get the go-ahead (~4-6 times a year).

I would like to manage the flat files with SubVersion, and use XML
catalogs to abstract the calls to SubVersion and the database SQL -> XML
process.

I envisage something like an Ant process:

- grab the the master XML file , which consists primarily of XIncludes.

- start processing the XIncludes using XML catalog
- the XML catalog would abstract the XIncludes to both SubVersion for
the latest commits and to SQL -> XML extract process
- assemble document
- process document to produce HTML and PDF.

Does this sound feasible? Or is there an easier way to achieve this?

Any links to docs / faq's appreciated.

Chris

Chris Johnson

Web Developer