Re: [docbook-apps] force pagebreaks in a glossary

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Bob Stayton wrote:

> Hi Tom,
> The parameters are set using the --stringparam option to xsltproc.  See this
> reference on using parameters:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Parameters.html
>
> And there was a typo in my example.  It should have been:
>
> <xsl:when test="parent::glossary and $glossary.as.blocks = 0">
>
> But if you manage to set glossary.as.blocks to 1, then you won't need the
> customization.

Thanx for your explanation.  It remains problematic however.
Setting "--stringparam  glossary.as.blocks 1", I first do a pre-processing
with xsltproc and an xsl file to automatically add <indexterm> stanzas
after each <glossterm>.  However, in the process the <?pagebreak?>s get
removed from the output .xml, so they are no longer present to be
processed in the next xsltproc that generates the .fo file.

So I thought I should add your code fragment to the initial xsl file and
set "--stringparam  glossary.as.blocks 0" to have it processed the
alternate way; but then I get the error messages:

add-indexterms-glos.xsl:44: namespace error : Namespace prefix fo on
list-item is not defined
      <fo:list-item break-before="page">

This is my call:

xsltproc -o Glos.tmp --stringparam glossary.as.blocks 0
add-indexterms-glos.xsl Glos.xml

This is the relevant piece of code (which you provided before and which
I put at the end of the xsl file):

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="parent::glossary and $glossary.as.blocks = 0">
      <fo:list-item break-before="page">
            <fo:list-item-label><fo:block/></fo:list-item-label>
            <fo:list-item-body><fo:block/></fo:list-item-body>
      </fo:list-item>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>
    <fo:block break-before="page"/>