Re: Jade problem with stylesheets

    >> First of all, it's ocol that you are running on an AMD system.
    >> May I guess that you installed the jade package from SRPM, and
    >> the others from the noarch RPMs?

    Derek> 	No, I installed the i386 binary RPMs for jade.  It
    Derek> seems to execute fine on my system, so I see no reason to
    Derek> recompile.

Boy I'm a space cadet: you said AMD and not ARM.  Sorry!

In any case, the confusion is simple: "db2html" runs jade with a bunch
of options, telling it where the catalog and the stylesheets are.
Only run "jade" if you are willing to type all those options in by
hand.

    Derek> 	Using "db2html" has the following output: [...]

In that case you are fine.  Don't worry, and go ahead and write!

    Derek> 	I am learning DocBook for a book I am writing.  I want
    Derek> to make sure that the SGML source I send to my publisher
    Derek> will be free of SGML syntax errors, so I wanted to convert
    Derek> everything to HTML first and look over it.

    Derek> 	If there are errors in my SGML source file (for
    Derek> instance, a missing close tag or an illegal entity) will
    Derek> the command "db2html" print out an error for me?  Or will
    Derek> it silently ignore the error?

jade will give you error message.  On top of that, you can run "nsgmls
-s file.sgml" to do a faster verification without attempting to
convert the file.  If you use emacs's PSGML mode (strongly
recommended: it parses the DTD and gives you some very clueful help)
you can use "C-o" to jump to possible problem spots, and "C-c C-v" to
run the "nsgmls" command to verify the current buffer.

    Derek> 	Thank you VERY much for your help.  I've been fighting
    Derek> this issue for quite some time.

Dude, you should have written sooner!